Welcome to San Diego Children's Discovery Museum!
Our mission is to inspire children to learn about our world through exploration, imagination, and experimentation through science, art, and world culture activities.
We care about your health
Helping you and your family stay healthy has always been a priority here at San Diego Children's Discovery Museum. In light of recent recommendations issued from the Center for Disease Control for minimizing the spread of coronavirus COVID-19, SDCDM has implemented additional precautionary steps to our daily cleaning procedures.
These steps include providing hand sanitizer in the museum, increasing the frequency of cleaning throughout the day with industry-approved surface disinfectants, and encouraging children and families to wash their hands with soap and water frequently. As a reminder, please refrain from visiting the Museum if you are not feeling well.
To read our full statement regarding COVID-19 and the precautionary steps we are taking, please click here.
Other ways you can protect yourself and your family include:
- Washing your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Stay home if you are sick, except to get medical care
- Cover mouth and noze when you cough or sneeze. Throw the tissue away and wash your hands
- Clean and disinfect surfaces you touch
- For more information and safety precautions, please visit the CDC website.
Before your visit, please reference our Amenities page and our Frequently Asked Questions page.
Download our General Brochure here and our Spanish Brochure here
Tell us how we are doing! Email firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Children and their adults must stay together at all times
2. Food and drinks must be consumed at dedicated tables or outside
3. All items must be peanut-free*
4. Toddler Tide Pool is a shoe-free zone
5. Toddler Tide Pool is reserved for visitors age 2 and under, and their adults
6. Shoes must be worn throughout the museum, with the exception of Toddler Tide Pool
7. Feet must stay on the ground or on the stairs
8. Walking feet and indoor voices only
9. Kind and respectful words must be used when addressing others
10. Not feeling well? Only stay and play if you are healthy and virus-free
11. Birthday celebrations must be registered in advance
* If peanuts are accidentally consumed on the premises, please immediately wash hands before touching anything