Already a Member? Visit our Members Only page to learn all about your perks and special offers!
All memberships that were active the date of our closure, March 13, 2020, have been extended to March 13, 2022 regardless of expiration or join date.
Experience a Year of Discovery!
Your membership supports the Museum’s mission to inspire children to learn about our world through exploration, imagination, and experimentation through hands-on science, art, and world culture activities.
All memberships include:
- Unlimited admission for one year
- Two single-use Guest Passes
- 10% discount in Museum Give Shop
- 10% discount on Birthday Parties and Camps
- Discounted admission to special after-hour events
- Reserved access to the Museum on the first and third Sunday of every month from 12:00 to 2:00 p.m.
- Access to quarterly FREE “Members Only” after-hours events
- Subscription to monthly e-newsletter
- Reciprocal admission to San Diego museums during the San Diego Museum Council's Big Exchange
- Reciprocal membership with Palomar Family YMCA from July 1 through July 31, 2020.
The annual Big Exchange has been postponed to a later, unknown date. This event gives members of participating organizations reciprocal admission at more than 30 museums, historic sites, gardens, and more throughout San Diego County. Show your current membership card and get free entry for up to 4 people. Each membership is reciprocal per guest or membership status. For updates on when the 2020 Big Exchange will happen, please click here.
Apply your Admission toward Membership
Want to test out the Museum before you commit to a membership? You can apply the full value of your admission from your day’s visit towards your new membership. Visit the Front Desk to upgrade!”
Special 15% discount on all memberships for grandparents and seniors (60+), military, veterans, children with special needs, and adult students. A valid ID must be presented at our Visitor Services Office with your purchase to apply the discount. These discounted memberships are not currently available online.
*All memberships may include named caregiver
**ACM add-on not available for Duo and Basic Memberships
Duo Membership: $55**
- Includes admission for up to two named individuals in your household
Basic Membership: $95
- Includes admission for up to four named individuals in your household
- $1 discount for additional guests (per guest), anytime
Premium Membership: $150
Access for All Membership: $35
- Reduced cost membership for EBT/SNAP/WIC and other qualifying programs (cardholders and all dependents)
- Download an application or visit Museum Front Desk to apply
Museum Champion (tax-deductible): +$750 or more*
Same benefits as Premium Membership, plus:
- Reserved parking spot in Museum’s lot for one year* (front desk must be notified no later than 24 hours before visit)
- Invitation to donor events
- Two free guests for one year at any time
Group Membership Applications Available:
Give the Gift of Membership
Want to sponsor a membership for someone else? Gift certificates available for purchase at the Front Desk in the Museum.