A Message From Our Executive Director
As we face the ongoing challenges of the COVID-19 pandemic, our team continues to find innovative ways to serve our mission. With your support, we can continue to bring hands-on virtual programs and workshops to the children who need it most.
At a time when many nonprofits are struggling, there is one thing that keeps us moving forward during these long months of closure. YOU.
You, our generous and dedicated Museum family, have inspired and sustained us during this difficult year. As 2020 draws to a close, the Museum is looking to further innovate and expand our offerings...but we can’t do it alone.
Please make a gift today to support our virtual educational programs. Help support virtual story time and STREAM activity videos. Help us ensure that we can continue to provide these critical educational resources to children and families...to spark wonder and spark joy in their lives at a time when they need it most.
Take a look behind the scenes as our dedicated team works to create these incredible virtual programs.
Spark Wonder, Spark Joy with Whitney Raser
San Diego Children’s Discovery Museum is an independent, 501(c)(3) nonprofit institution. We rely on generous donations from individuals, businesses, foundation, and government entities to continue providing interactive, educational experiences to children and their families. There are many different ways to support San Diego Children’s Discovery Museum: donate, become a member, or volunteer.
Why does your gift matter?
Research shows self-directed, experiential, and content rich learning promotes executive function skills that can shape a child’s success in school and life. San Diego Children’s Discovery Museum provides early learning supplemental educational resources to children, parents, and educators.
Contributions make up around 60% of the Museum's total income. We could not exist without the help of partners like you. Our admission and membership sales currently only cover about 40% of our operating costs. The remainder comes from generous community partners who care about our future leaders.
Read our most recent Impact Report to learn about all the ways we are making a difference in San Diego.
Ways to Support San Diego Children's Discovery Museum
- Annual Fund to support hands-on science, art, and world culture activities for over 150,000 annual visitors.
- Program and Event Sponsorships opportunities allow individuals and businesses the opportunity to directly impact the Museum’s daily programs and events.
- Legacy Giving is the opportunity to honor someone special with a memorial gift or consider a Planned Legacy Gift will ensure the Museum remains a source of lifelong learning and discovery for generations to come.
- Employer Matching Gifts can double your impact to the Museum. Many companies match the charitable donations made by their employees. Please ask your company’s Human Resources department about their Matching Gift Policy.
- Amazon Smile generously donates a percentage of your purchase to the Museum when you designate the Museum as your nonprofit of choice.
Commemorative Naming Opportunities support the Museum's programs, initiatives, and growth and are available starting at $500.
Access for All Initiative, benefiting:
- Admissions Fund, providing free admission to Active-Duty Military and Veteran Families during spring, summer, and winter school breaks; and around 31,000 free admission passes to community organizations working with at-risk and underserved communities.
- Scholarship Fund, providing scholarships for students from Title I and low-income schools to take a field trip to the Museum, or providing scholarships for students to have the Mobile Children’s Museum visit their school free of charge.
- Membership Fund distributes around 1,545 memberships to underserved families through community partnerships, and an additional 560 memberships are availably annually for checkout through local schools and libraries.
Corporate Partnerships provide opportunities to support the Museum's exhibits, programs, outreach, and operations, allowing local businesses, community organizations, and corporations to make a difference by supporting out-of-school early childhood education.
Volunteer with the Museum to help organize special events, work in the gardens, or work with one of our departments to provide marketing, development, or educational assistance.
Spread the Word and share San Diego Children's Discovery Museum with your friends!
Thank you for your support!
Download Ways to Support Brochure here.