The San Diego Children’s Discovery Museum sparks a love of learning so all children can discover their wildest dreams. We pride ourselves on creating a space where all people are treated with respect and dignity. One of our core values is providing opportunities that are inclusive and open to all. We love the communities that we serve and are looking for people that will provide a diverse perspective and commitment to inspiring children and creating an inclusive environment that allows our staff, volunteers, and visitors to feel safe and welcomed.
The Advancement Manager is responsible for supporting the Director of Advancement with implementing all fundraising activities. They will work closely with donors, the community, and our Board of Directors to develop relationships with new donors, and manage and grow ongoing fundraising efforts. They will work to create and sustain contributed revenue for the Museum’s operations and educational programming through grants, sponsorships, events, partnerships, in-kind giving, and individual donors.
- Engage and build relationships with community partners, government agencies, and foundations in San Diego County, with an objective of generating revenue and/or strengthening the Museum’s audience reach and impact
- Manage a personal portfolio of donors to strategically sustain and increase their support and assist the advancement team to do the same
- Meet and provide tours to active and prospective donors
- Represent the museum as a member of the advancement team at community events including business networking events, conferences, and professional networking events
- Manage, create, and distribute donor communications including but not limited to case for support, impact report, digital updates/reports, etc.
- Support SDCDM’s digital appeal campaigns alongside marketing, including end of year, San Diego Gives, membership, and other campaigns as needed
- Events & Project Management:
- Work with advancement team on prospecting and moves-management plan in alignment with the organization’s fundraising needs
- Share responsibility with advancement team for all phases of grants including identification, writing, reporting, and management
- Lead the research and solicitation efforts for event sponsorships and in-kind donations while working alongside event planning teams
- With the Advancement Team, develop and execute SDCDM’s STEMposium, exhibit launches, and additional fundraising or donor-related events
- Identify, create, and report on revenue goals for specific programs, events, and general operations, in close collaboration with other departments
- Lead and manage sponsor and donor recognition at events and in corresponding digital and print communications
- Support logistics and lead planning for corporate volunteering or corporate engagement activities/events (kits)
- Assist with managing, running reports, and creating dashboards in the donor database, Altru/Salesforce, in collaboration with other departments
- Passion for early childhood education
- Able to collaborate with all internal teams to build a positive, supportive, and inclusive culture focused on delivering value to our visitors
- Promotes a culture of inclusivity and belonging that embraces the contributions of all team members
- Embrace and practice a proactive, ‘can do’, self-starter attitude with a strong work ethic
- Be willing to jump in and take initiative over projects and fulfill needs of the organization
- Must be kind, enthusiastic, friendly and have a desire to interact with children and people
- Ability to listen and effectively communicate with a diverse population
- Willingness to continually learn and adapt to challenges and differing perspectives
- Bilingual a plus
- Salesforce experience a plus
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer who strives to continually learn and update our strategies towards building a culture that supports all employees.
Range of pay: $55,000-$65,000
To apply, please send a resume and letter of interest to Heather Disher at HeatherD@sdcdm.org