Happy Birthday, Dr. Seuss! Celebrate Hats Off to Reading Day at the Museum with a socially-distanced visit from Cat in the Hat*, storytimes, book giveaways, and special activities throughout the Museum.
*Socially-distanced photo opportunity with the costume character is subject to availability and weather permitting.
Wednesday, March 2, 2022 - 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
Please note, the Museum will be closed to the public until 1:30 p.m. Guests without a Hats Off to Reading Day ticket will not be admitted into the Museum.
||$9.50 per person
||$6.50 per person
||$1 per person**
*EBT/SNAP/CalFresh/WIC or Military registrants must provide photo ID in addition to their printed tickets. Admission will not be granted if ID is not presented with your tickets.
**Maximum 4 tickets
Please carefully read all details before registering. This year's Hats Off to Reading Day event is different than previous years' events due to the pandemic.
- Pre-Registration is REQUIRED
- Tickets are first-come, first-served.
- EBT/SNAP/CalFresh/WIC or Military registrants must provide photo ID in addition to their printed tickets. Admission will not be granted if ID is not presented with your tickets.
- The Museum doors will open at 9:00 a.m. Multiple photo opportunities will be available throughout the event at 9:20 a.m., 10:00 a.m., 10:45 a.m., and 11:20 a.m. for 20 minutes at a time. We recommend arriving early so you are guaranteed a photo opportunity. Late arrivals will not be guaranteed a photo opportunity.
- Due to COVID-19 and the restrictions set in place by KPBS, guests cannot touch Cat in the Hat in any way. All interactions will be contactless and socially distanced from Cat in the Hat and guests will have the opportunity to take a photo with barriers in place.
- Face coverings are required inside the Museum for all guests over the age of 2 regardless of vaccination status.
- Please bring digital or printed copies of all tickets.
- Bring a personal camera or phone for any photos with Cat in the Hat. The Museum does not provide photography services.
- This is a popular event. Please be aware that while we are capping the number of guests attending to adhere to COVID restrictions, this event attracts many children and families.
Register for the KPBS Hats Off to Reading Day Event
Register below to attend Wednesday, March 2, 2022
*All Admission tickets will grant admission to the Museum starting at 9:00 a.m.
**ALL individuals in your party MUST be registered and have a ticket to attend. Children must be accompanied by adults at all times.
This project is a partnership between KPBS and San Diego Children’s Discovery Museum, made possible by funding from the Linden Root Dickinson Foundation.
KPBS is a public service of San Diego State University.