We’re ready to play! Your health and safety are our top priority. Please carefully read the information below regarding our reopening and new policies and procedures that have been implemented to ensure you have a safe and fun visit.
Reduced Hours & Ticket Reservations:
The Museum is open on the following days and times:
Tuesdays: 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. | 1:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Wednesdays: 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. | 1:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Thursdays: 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. | 1:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Fridays: 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. | 1:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Saturdays: 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. | 1:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Advance reservations are not required.
In response to COVID-19, we have increased our regular cleaning and sanitization practices, to include:
- Frequent sanitizing of all surfaces during business hours, including high-traffic and high-touch areas.
- The Museum will be deep cleaned and sanitized by staff during the midday break between the two (2) three-hour sessions.
- At end-of-day, all manipulative exhibit components will be deep cleaned and sanitized with the use of our industrial dishwasher or electrostatic cleaning system.
- Nightly, the Museum will be deep cleaned by a third-party custodial company.
Exhibits are cleaned, disinfected, and laundered using environmentally friendly cleaning products and our industrial dishwasher and electrostatic cleaning system. If you or your children have any sensitivity, please inquire before your visit.
Health & Safety Measures:
All guests and Museum staff are required to adhere to the following health and safety measures:
- The Museum is reopening with new procedures and increased cleaning practices to keep guests and staff healthy and safe while onsite.
- In accordance with California's public health order released on June 15, the Museum will no longer require masks in our outdoor Trudy Bronner Discovery Garden. However, because children under the age of 12 cannot be vaccinated, we strongly encourage all guests to continue using their masks and serve as good role models for our youngest visitors. When indoors, face masks are still required for all guests over the age of 2, regardless of vaccination status.
- Social distancing between family groups is strongly encouraged and adults must stay with their children at all times.
- There are multiple hand washing and sanitizing stations throughout the Museum.
- Failure to adhere to health and safety protocols may result in guests being asked to leave the Museum.
For more information on what we're doing to help you have a fun and safe visit, please visit our FAQ page. We can't wait to welcome you back to the Museum!